Recipe by CapeCodLorrie
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 25 Minutes
Easy, fast, healthy and delicious! This perfect weeknight dish takes less than 30 minutes, so it's a regular in our house. You can vary the heat by the kind and amount of chili powder and hot peppers you use. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 large tomato, cut into chunks
- 10 drops hot pepper sauce
- Season chicken with 1/2 tablespoon chili powder, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and saute seasoned chicken for 3 to 4 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In same skillet, stir fry bell pepper and onion until soft. Add jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, remaining 1/2 tablespoon chili powder and hot pepper sauce. Cook, stirring, for an additional 3 to 5 minutes; add chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes more.